Monday, April 29, 2013
The POWER Of A SONG!!
Music. Wow.
I tell you what, I can listen to a song and it can change my ENTIRE mood! Does it have the same affect on you?
Crazy how that can happen. It can be a song that brings back memories of my childhood or even a song that makes me think of a not so happy time in my life.
Point is, it greatly affects me! So for me, I have to be extra careful what "these little ears hear."
But at the same time, when it's a worship song to God, the change can be monumental.
A song like Audio Adrenaline/Get Down. It can encourage and lift my broken spirit.
Or Addison Road/ What Do I Know of Holy that does just like the song says.
I grew up in church and can tell you lots of Bible stories.
But at the same time as I continue to study and learn even more about Him, I realize I really know SO little about HIM.
But when He does show himself to me, even when it's just a glimpse, I have been brought to my knees in awe! Awe of who He is and what He has for me.
Or what about the line in Jesus Friend of Sinners by Casting Crowns that says The world is on their way to You, but they're tripping over me. OUCH!
I can go on and on with examples, but I won't :)
I'll just end with this. For me Music is powerful, wonderful and when you mix in songs that have the word or truth as lyrics, it's LIFE CHANGING!!
And I know I'm not alone.
I don't for one second think you are going to Hell for not listening to Christian music, but I do think your day might be a little brighter if you do. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love this post. Its truly you and im proud of you becuase you expressed your TRUE self and real feelings that will minister and touch others. Funny how being brought up in it all our lives it seems to be one of the hardest things for us to do. Ha
ReplyDeleteLove this! I also like the fact listening changes ur mood, and singing changes mine. :) we must be sisters or something. Ha