I can't believe it's been 10 years since I started work at Newschannel 6!
I started back on February 18, 2002!!
Since my blog is also a book that I will pass along to my kids, I wanted to share little bit on how I got my start there. :)
I was only 21 years old, when I started and was in college studying Mass Communications.
I was fortunate enough to find a job to "get my foot in the door" in the career field I wanted to work in. So I took a job as an Engineer/Master Control Operator. And the first chance I got introduced myself to the News Director. :) I also told him it was my goal, to report and one day be the 6 & 10p anchor. :)
So in 2004 I did my internship in the News Department,met my husband, and even got to do a story that aired as an INTERN! I was soooo excited and grateful for the opportunity. I then got offered a job as a reporter!! It was a lot to juggle my Senior year of college but so worth it, and I see now all of the doors God opened for me.
I am now so Blessed and Thankful to be filling the role ,I wanted, as the evening 5, 6, & 10p anchor.
My work even gave me these beautiful flowers to mark the day!!
I also host a show called Inside Texoma, it also hit a milestone! We just aired our 100th show!!
My boss even brought cupcakes to celebrate! It was extra special since the show fell on the same week as my anniversary!
This is the yummy red velvet cupcake picture, I sent Daniel!! I was showing off my TASTY TREAT!! ha!!!
I'm honestly kind of shy, and LOVE that this job has made me come out of my shell and given me the chance to meet so many wonderful people!!
I truly feel BLESSED to work and do what I love, in the town I grew up in!!
I also had to show off these other Birthday Celebration pics! I told you we celebrate all week! ha!
My Aunt Debbie took my Mom to eat for her birthday since she had to work on the party day.
She took her to Red Lobster, and even brought her cake & Balloons!!
See I wasn't kidding, WEEK long BIRTHDAY'S!!! :) So sweet right!!
Blessings & Love,
Ashley



No comments:
Post a Comment