Monday, January 16, 2012

Blessed With A Wilborn Family Christmas Tradition

Since I was a little girl, I can remember Christmas Eve at my Grandparents house,with my entire family.(From my Mom's side)
 Parents, Sister, Grandparents, Aunts & Uncles, cousins---and that family continues to grow! :)





I always look forward to the get-together and wish we all met more!! 
This year was no different!! 
Even though we really MISSED a few cousins that couldn't make it because they were out of the country, or just too far away.
 (Michael, Brittany and Kevin.)

It's sooooo cool to see our family expand. 
Here's my cousin Mandy and her sweet hubby,Kevin, and daughter! 
                              And Trey's precious wife Amy!! 
Here with Uncle Tommy, Aunt Cyndie & Sterling!

 We started with our annual Christmas Eve Dinner, it's mainly snack food and lots of sweets! Queso and chips, BBQ weenies, tortilla soup, croissant sandwiches, the list goes on and on!! ha!! 
 Then it was time for the Chinese Christmas game. 
Ha! That game is NEVER boring! :) 
It seems every year there is always a new "story" or memory made! ha! 
 We used to all buy each other gifts but that adds up quick so the adults just bring one $20-25 gift.
 But the kids, well they are still SPOILED by everyone! ha! Here's Caleb and Chloe opening gifts from Grandad & Grandma, Aunt KiKi, and Uncle Tommy & Aunt Cyndie!!! 





 Grandad & Grandma also still SPOIL us "original" and "married in" grandkids too!! 
 It's always the PERFECT COLOR AND SIZE! :)
Yep, $$$ ha!! 
 Caleb used to always says that's my Grandad and Grandma! :) I always agreed but childishly added "but they were mine first, buddy" :) ha!! 


This year Tasha and I got an extra, but annual gift from my Mom & Dad. Our matching CHRISTMAS PJ's!! :) Pics to come!
 But what used to be the part I wanted to rush through as a kid to get to the PRESENTS, hey being honest here :), is now my FAVORITE!!! 


When we read the CHRISTMAS STORY!!
I can remember as a little girl my Grandad reading the story year after year. I'm sooooo thankful that he does that too!!! It's a tradition that I never want to end, and a memory that I cherish!! 
So THANK YOU Grandad!! 


Over the years we have continued to read the story, but my Grandad has started picking others to help year after year. (including my Dad & even Papa in the past! :) 


And this year...Caleb got to read part of it! It made my heart melt! So sweet!!!  (You can see my Grandad beside Caleb.)
 The #1 thing I want for my kids is for them to always love the LORD with all their heart!! 
And to see that in Caleb and Chloe right now, makes me one Thankful and Blessed Momma! :)
Blessings & Love, Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment