Monday, June 27, 2011

Chocolate Cake For My Hubby!!!

So me and my hunny were watching TV Saturday afternoon and for some reason we were watching the Food Network, or one of those Food Channels! ha!


They were baking up some DELICIOUS treats, and so I said...I want to BAKE something!!!!


Daniel said seriously??! and I said YES, what should I make?!!


That's when he asked for a YELLOW CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTING!!


Yes he said CHOCOLATE frosting!! YAY, Iam wearing off on him!!! HAHA!!

I said YOU GOT IT BABE! He even offered to get the ingredients!! :)
Then it was time for me to get to work!! :)
BLEND!!
Oh and here is the BEST part! Oh you know.... licking the bowl and the metal blender parts!!


And it was soooo cute seeing MY kid LOVE to do what I did as a kid!!
Then it was time to POUR it into the pan!!

Thank goodness for my MIL Sue, she let me borrow her two 8" round pans. I only had one! ha! And I have no idea what size it is! I bake cookies all of the time but cakes, well I think this is a FIRST! Daniel is hoping it won't be the last though! :)

Time for the OVEN!!!

35 minutes later...THEY ARE PERFECT!! AND SMELL YUMMY! After they cooled down it was time for the icing!! And here is the finsished product!!! And it was sooooo sooooo GOOD!!! :)
Blessings & Love, Ashley

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, that is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE cake!!! seriously! :) and my mouth is watering just seeing the above photo!!!

    i saw daniel's status about the cake ;) you really are the perfect mom/wife! :) i had to show my husband the part where daniel offered to get the ingredients for you! with a *hint hint ha!

    awww i know what you mean about caleb licking the batter-- when my nieces were in town and we made brownies together, seeing them do the same thing made me smile :) i couldn't imagine if it was my own child! someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wanted to come eat a slice of that cake I thought it was for a party. Then when I found out anyone could have a slice, I had just jumped into the shower:( But between Natasha and Daniel - You really out did yourself. You are becoming a great baker too:)

    ReplyDelete