Saturday, June 25, 2011

My 7 Year Old Gardner!

Well let me start by saying my 7 year old is such a driven kid! Seriously! He always has new ideas and new projects that he wants to start!!
His latest, is his dream of being a farmer! If he could, my entire backyard would be a garden of fruit & vegetables!! He has been begging to grow tomatoes and finally got his wish!
Here is his NEW Tomato plant! Thanks to... you guessed it Nina! She has a soft spot for her grandkids persistence! :)

So a few days ago they were at the store, and he asked again, so they got all of the stuff to start this garden of fun! :) ha!!
We are taking these pictures at night because the expert told us you have to water the plant at either 9pm or 4 am!!! Well we all know that Ashley is NOT waking up at 4 am to water plants! ha!!! I would much rather, gladly help, with the 9 pm shift! :)I made Caleb pose for me because there is nothing to really see yet! I dont think he wanted to, but God bless his his little heart, he just does it anyways for me! :) Maybe it's because I always say 1 more Caleb, just 1 more! :)

Well say a prayer for the TOMATO plant! We want it to produce LOTS of fruit!! :)


Blessings & Love, Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I saw this in my head but never made it down to Wal-Mart to get supplies. So happy my sister made it happen. I will pray he gets BIG RED JUICEY TOMATO'S! He started with seeds and they were growing. Are these the same seeds that have grown into plants?
    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete