Friday was all about my childhood!! :) I got to go see the house that I grew up in, here in Wichita Falls and was soooooo excited!! :) Here is what it looks like now! :) My parents planted that tree!! Look how big it is now!! :)
We lived there in April of 89 to June of 1994. So from when I was 8, almost Caleb's age, to 13 years old!:)
Here is me and Tasha on the porch!! :) Big Bows have always been a big deal for us Southern Girls!
Here is me and Tasha on the porch!! :) Big Bows have always been a big deal for us Southern Girls!
When we went in I wanted to re create a few memories! ha! This is where we used to sit and eat our cereal in the morning (on towels of course so milk wouldn't get on the carpet!) and watch TV! :)
A few shots of the living room! I remember thinking this house was sooooo BIG when I was small! I still think it was, it must have just shrunk a little! ha!! It's about 1200 sq. feet. and still Precious!
Here is a family pose in front of the fire place! We did this a lot. Not going to lie it was full circle having MY kids in MY childhood home! :)
Here is the Dining Room! Lots of Dinners and Birthday Cakes in that room!! I think I had a slumber party every year that I lived in this house! ha!
Momma in the Kitchen!
MY ROOM!!!
Seeing Chloe peek out the window reminded me when I used to sit up for hours on Christmas Eve, and look out this same window waiting for Santa! :)
It was also the window my Dad knocked on to scare all of us Jr. High girls during one of those sleep overs! ha! Caleb LOVED that story!! ha!!
Here is Caleb in the clothes hamper! ha! This is where Tasha and I would hide like everytime when we were playing hide and seek!! It has cabinet doors that close! Loved that! ha! I think Caleb did too!
Oh yes and as I have mentioned a few times before, we LOVED Barbies! We even had certain ones just for the tub! ha!
Tasha's room! I remember her pink Barbie convertible bed the most in this room!!
Ok our next favorite thing to do, besides play Barbies, was to play "Sneak"!!! Ya know your supposed to be in bed, but you sneak down the hall and peek, get a snack, talk or watch what your parents are doing! ha!
I about died the first time Caleb did this at our home now! It took me back to when Tasha and I did the same thing!! Caleb even took this picture! haha! WOW!
Full circle again! ha!
My dad's chair used to be right by this wall so we would usually giggle and he would say "Girls go to bed!" Then we would RUN back and lay down!!
Then do it all over again!ha!
Since it was in the 80's, not too long after W.F. Terrible Tuesday, every time it stormed it seemed we were under a tornado warning and they would sound the alarm. I remember hiding in this little closet! How did we all get in there! Thankfully nothing eve happened! Thank you Jesus!
We had such a FUN time going back in that house! The people that bought it from my parent still own it!!! They love it and want to keep it and maybe have it as a home when they retire. But for now they just rent it out.
Anyways my mom saw the sign the other day and stopped and he said they would be over there working before the next people moved in, so we could come look!! I'm sooooo glad we did!! Such great memories!!
After that Nina treated everyone to lunch at Cotton Patch!! Yummy Southern Food! Chicken Fried Steak was a favorite!
My Dad was at work but we took lots of these pics for him too! Mom and her girls!
Here is the Dining Room! Lots of Dinners and Birthday Cakes in that room!! I think I had a slumber party every year that I lived in this house! ha!
Momma in the Kitchen!
MY ROOM!!!
Seeing Chloe peek out the window reminded me when I used to sit up for hours on Christmas Eve, and look out this same window waiting for Santa! :)
It was also the window my Dad knocked on to scare all of us Jr. High girls during one of those sleep overs! ha! Caleb LOVED that story!! ha!!
Here is Caleb in the clothes hamper! ha! This is where Tasha and I would hide like everytime when we were playing hide and seek!! It has cabinet doors that close! Loved that! ha! I think Caleb did too!
Oh yes and as I have mentioned a few times before, we LOVED Barbies! We even had certain ones just for the tub! ha!
Tasha's room! I remember her pink Barbie convertible bed the most in this room!!
Ok our next favorite thing to do, besides play Barbies, was to play "Sneak"!!! Ya know your supposed to be in bed, but you sneak down the hall and peek, get a snack, talk or watch what your parents are doing! ha!
I about died the first time Caleb did this at our home now! It took me back to when Tasha and I did the same thing!! Caleb even took this picture! haha! WOW!
Full circle again! ha!
My dad's chair used to be right by this wall so we would usually giggle and he would say "Girls go to bed!" Then we would RUN back and lay down!!
Then do it all over again!ha!
Since it was in the 80's, not too long after W.F. Terrible Tuesday, every time it stormed it seemed we were under a tornado warning and they would sound the alarm. I remember hiding in this little closet! How did we all get in there! Thankfully nothing eve happened! Thank you Jesus!
We had such a FUN time going back in that house! The people that bought it from my parent still own it!!! They love it and want to keep it and maybe have it as a home when they retire. But for now they just rent it out.
Anyways my mom saw the sign the other day and stopped and he said they would be over there working before the next people moved in, so we could come look!! I'm sooooo glad we did!! Such great memories!!
After that Nina treated everyone to lunch at Cotton Patch!! Yummy Southern Food! Chicken Fried Steak was a favorite!
Blessings &Love, Ashley
No comments:
Post a Comment