Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Day In My Life As A News Anchor

So I mentioned a while back that I went to Graham, Texas to share a little bit about what I do every day as a news anchor for News Channel 6.

I took a bunch of pictures and talked to the group showing off some of what we do, and I thought what a neat thing to document! :) So here's a look at the pictures I showed off during my speech!!

My day starts at 2pm every day with a NEWS MEETING!!
We hear about all of the stories that we will be talking about that day and what the reporters are working on.
Here I am at my desk taking notes! :)

After the meeting I work on what's called Headlines, a tease that runs before the newscast.
From there I run to the makeup room to get ready to tape "Topicals" by 2:45!:)
Here we are in the studio taping the "topicals" They are just little 15-30 second teases that air during shows like Oprah, to tell you what is coming up at 5 & 6.
Here they are upstairs recording what I am saying! :)

Once a week I also tape a show called Inside Texoma with Ashley Fitzwater.
It's a 30 minute show that airs on Sunday mornings and it's an in depth look at people, events, or places in our area.
After that it's time to finish writing some other things I am responsible for in the 5. It's also when I read over all of my scripts before we go out on air at 5! Here we are getting ready for the show!







Here is the weather guy in front of the "green wall".
He relies on television monitors to know where to put and move his hands, as if they were on a map! I couldn't do it, but it's cool to watch!
One of our sweet Production Assistant's running the prompter! :)
A look at our Director's Board! WOW, Check out all of those buttons!!
Audio Board!! :) We got a bunch of new and super nice equipment when we made the switch to HD! aka High Definition!

After the 5 pm newscast, I tape a minute news cast for CW, and then rush back in the newsroom to read over my scripts for the 6!


Here we are about 5 minutes till the newscast getting ready!







This is a picture of another group I work closely with. The Creative Department.



They shoot and edit my Inside Texoma. But they also go out and shoot, write and put together local commercials that you see on TV.


Here is our AMAZING editor working on INSIDE!! :)

After the 6pm we head back to the newsroom and work on the 9p newscast that airs on CW. I do the 5 solo and my co-anchor, Chris, does the 9 solo. Then we both anchor the 6 & 10.

After the 9 is ready I run home, chat with the hubby, eat dinner, and try to help get the kids ready for bed! Then it's time to head back put stories on the web and read over the 10pm news. That's just a little insight into my day, that can be 100% different, with BREAKING NEWS!!! Which is what we at times live for in the news world. :) I feel blessed to do what I love.


I thought it was fun sharing with the sweet people of Graham and wanted to share a little bit of my day ,with all of my Blogger friends too!! I hope you liked it!


Blessings & Love, Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment