I was so excited to be there and get to spend the day with some knowledgeable and wonderful people!! They were all SOOOO nice and do lots of research on News so any advice they had I soaked up!!
I started with voice coach, Jeff, he is AWESOME! He gave me lots of good tips and voice exercises!! Here is the room we were in and out of through out the day! :)
After that it was time for a Breaking News Excercise with Sara & Julie. It was sooo neat! Basically what I had to do is Ad lib, talk with no scripts, about a subject.
It was set up like I was on the news desk. Here is the room I was in. See the desk and camera! There was video on the tv screen/monitor, and I had a little information on my script. Then a producer was talking in my ear, through an IFB.
Once we started, she was giving me new information to say, as I was talking. I had to pretend it was all LIVE on TV. So no stopping. It's harder than you think when you have to break your comfort zone, and talk by yourself with little info for like 5 minutes straight!! Usually we will talk and then check in with a reporter or talk to someone on the phone. But it was soooo much fun, and helpful for a real breaking news!
Again, here is the room I was in, and some pics of me on the desk. :)
This is the room they were watching from and then we went to chat about how I did, and things to improve on! I can't say it enough this excercise was sooo helpful!
Next it was time for lunch at a FABULOUS Italian place, then back to the company for more training! :)
While on my trip I sent out a few pics, and later on my Dad sent me a sweet text saying Send more pics! So I sent this one of me working the afternoon, just for him! :)
Blessings & Love!
No comments:
Post a Comment